Kentucky Car Wreck Injury Attorneys

It’s not just your fight. It’s ours.
Toddler hold man's finger
green cross icon

You focus on recovering, and we’ll take it from here.

Car wrecks are like tornados. Destructive, disorienting, and you never see them coming. They turn your life upside down in seconds, leaving you overwhelmed and unprepared for what’s next. And when you’re not to blame, it feels very unfair.

Add the attorneys at Ward + Associates to your recovery team of doctors, therapists, and caregivers. We’ll make it our mission to stand with you and fight for your family, so you can focus on what matters most.

Talk to an attorney, right away, no strings attached.

We know that people come to us when something bad has happened. You’re probably uncertain and anxious about your options. Our goal is to alleviate some of that anxiety as soon as possible.

When you call for a free consultation at Ward + Associates, you won’t speak with an agent in a call center. You’ll speak with an actual attorney, ready to help.

Let’s discuss your case.
We help you Recover More

More Compensation.

We use every resource at our disposal to bring you justice and top-dollar money awards.

More Support.

Our dedicated Client Care Team goes the extra mile to make sure you’re never alone on your road to recovery.

More Convenience.

No travel necessary. Our personal and virtual visits bring our lawyers to you.
Expand All
Collapse All
Legal Questions
What are the time limits on when I can file a car wreck claim?
Most car wrecks in Kentucky have a 2-year statute of limitations. However, there are some exceptions, which is why It’s important to speak to one of our attorneys as soon as possible after your accident. We’re here and ready to help.
The police report says both drivers are at fault. Can I still file a claim?
Yes. Kentucky is a comparative negligence state, meaning a jury will determine the degree to which each driver is at fault. For every percentage of fault a jury places on you, your damages will decrease by that amount.

For example, if a jury says your damages are $100,000 dollars but you are 20% at fault, you would be awarded $80,000 from the other driver. But if the jury determines that you are 75% at fault, your damages will be reduced to $25,000.

As experienced personal injury attorneys, we know that the police don’t always get the facts right. We’ll be able to give you more details on your case when you give us a call.
Insurance companies have been calling me. Should I talk to them?
No. In fact, it’s crucial that you talk to an attorney before you talk to any insurance company. Otherwise, you might be jeopardizing your chance of compensation.

These calls are usually from insurance company adjusters. Their job is to get ahead of a claim and build a case that ultimately ends with the insurance company paying as little as possible. These folks aren’t your friends – even if they act like it – and will try to get you to say things that can be taken out of context. They’re not on your side, but we will be. Talk to us first.
Medical Questions
Who pays for my medical bills?
In Kentucky, every insured driver has $10,000 of personal injury protection (PIP) that pays for things like medical bills and lost wages in the event of an accident, regardless of whose fault it was. But that money doesn’t always get you too far, especially when an injury is involved.

A good attorney can expertly navigate your PIP benefits to stretch that money efficiently, so that when you get a payout from the other driver’s insurance company, you’ll get to pocket as much as possible. When you’re ready to discuss all the ins and outs of personal injury protection, give us a call.
The Emergency Room (ER) released me, but I’m still in pain. What am I supposed to do next?
ER doctors and paramedics are there to make sure your injuries aren’t life threatening and that your vitals are stable after an accident. But they will rarely give you specific exams to account for lingering pains you might feel in the days and weeks after the accident, nor do they always have the specialized equipment you might need.

That’s why it’s important to see your primary care physician as soon as possible after a wreck to get a full physical exam and determine if you should see a specialist for your injuries.

For example, an ER doctor may administer a CT scan or MRI during your visit, but these machines aren’t always effective at identifying concussions and other Traumatic Brain Injuries commonly sustained in an accident. Your primary care doctor can ensure you’re getting the proper care. And as another member of your care team, we’ll be here to point you in the right direction. Let’s chat about your case.
What are the most common car accident injuries?
While no two accidents are the same, there are a few injuries that are common to car accident victims. Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) are commonly caused by airbags deploying, by impacts to the head and by abrupt stopping. Bulging and herniated discs in the neck and back are also common accident injuries, along with muscle strains and sprains, neck trauma, broken bones, and reduced range of motion.

Adrenaline can often delay the pain you feel immediately following an accident, which is why it’s important to get a full exam by your primary care doctor, even if you were examined at the ER. We can talk more about your specific injuries on your introductory call.
Insurance Questions
My car is in the shop. How do I get a rental car?
If your car requires repair after an accident, the other driver’s insurance is most often responsible for providing you a rental car. However, sometimes your own insurance policy will provide this same coverage and will get you into a car faster, and often longer. Call one of the experienced attorneys at Ward + Associates, and Let’s Discuss Your Case.
What happens if my car is totaled?
When a vehicle is “totaled” it means your insurance company has determined that it would cost less for them to pay you the market value of your vehicle than it would be for them pay to repair it. However, sometimes you may still owe more on your car than what the insurance company is willing to pay. In this case, something called ‘gap insurance coverage’ can cover the difference. We can help you out with finding out more about this when you give us a call to discuss your case.
Can I use any of my existing insurance plan coverages?
Yes, in certain circumstances. For example, if you purchased Underinsured (UIM) or Uninsured (UM) Motorists Coverage, you can use those policies in the event that the person who caused the wreck doesn’t have insurance (UM) or doesn’t have enough insurance to cover all of your damages (UIM). You may also have chosen to increase the amount of PIP (Personal Injury Protection) from the state minimum of $10,000 to a higher amount.

It can be confusing to remember or determine what policies you’ve paid for – but it’s very important to help you get the compensation you deserve from damages caused by the other driver. Let us help – give us a call to discuss your case.
You don’t need to have all the answers. That’s why we’re here.

Let’s discuss your case.